Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3099  
Prev  |  Next
Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/09/19 07:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. I was sick all day yesterday, didn't get much sleep last night so I am tired and worn out this morning. It's going to be a cool day today with a chance of rain this afternoon and tomorrow. The chance of sleet has been called off so it's just going to be cold and raining tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone who gave to Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue to help out with the puppies. Your gifts are appreciated very much.

The fur gang is well as is Sue. I wish everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

dturm

Lake County, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/09/19 02:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Martyn wrote:

Hi everyone - glad the meetup went fine for all.

Haven't been able to get online until our internet and cable came back up only a half hour ago. Hurricane Michael decided to visit us and this area last week, and from here to about 60 miles of us is like a war zone. Fortunately the storm jigged 5 miles east at the last minute and our neighborhood was spared the direct hit we expected. We have roof damage and trees, fences signs and buildings down everywhere - the poor folks across the bridge from us have been devastated. Not much of Panama City left without major damage. Mexico Beach took a direct hit and to think that the beachfront restaurant that we had lunch in a few weeks ago was wiped out, along with most of the other homes there. Multiple counties here are under dusk to dawn curfews and looters have been out a lot. Fortunately our power and gas came back on, on Friday, although we will have to boil water for the next few weeks. We still have no cell service and drove 20 miles ( took us 4 hours) this morning to get a signal so that we could let friends know that we are surviving. We are still in shock at seeing the damage. Our fiver was in a storage lot about 3 miles east of us. We checked on it yesterday - the winds blew it sideways into a Class A and the front legs sank about 6" into the mud but, amazingly she is in one piece and (as far as we can tell) undamaged.

Please keep the folks in this area in your prayers.

We just got done traveling I-10 from Pensacola to Tallahassee and the amount of damage is still amazing. There are stretches where all the trees have been sheered off about 10-15 feet above ground and others uprooted. We pulled off around Marianna, intending to pull into a Hardee's truck parking area. They were open, obviously serious damage somewhat repaired but their sign was a mangled piece of junk. All the billboard signs along the interstate were trashed. This went on for about 100 miles.

[image]

[image]

* This post was edited 02/10/19 09:57am by dturm *

Doug & Sandy
Kaylee (10 year old Terrier of some sort), Sasha 2 yr old Golden
Kaiya at the Rainbow Bridge
2008 Southwind
2009 Honda CRV

Check out blog.rv.net

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/10/19 08:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. We are home and not at church. Sue is now sick with the same thing I have. It's cold outside with the threat of rain and just a little further north they have the threat of snow. Today will be a good day to stay indoors with a nice fire in the fireplace.

I have been blessed in that we have never experienced the full force of a hurricane in my home area. Once we were visiting my Uncle in Virginia when hurricane Carroll came through. The eye of the hurricane come over the house which was located on the Chesapeake Bay. I was scared to say the least.

I hope all is well with everyone and I wish you a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

DOTLDaddy

Camp Canine, STL County, MO.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/10/19 12:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dturm wrote:

We just got done traveling I-10 from Pensacola to Tallahassee and the amount of damage is still amazing. There are stretches where all the trees have been sheered off about 10-15 feet above ground and others uprooted. We pulled off around Marianna, intending to pull into a Hardee's truck parking area. They were open, obviously serious damage somewhat repaired but their sign was a mangled piece of junk. All the billboard signs along the interstate were trashed. This went on for about 100 miles.

The destructive force of hurricanes is very impressive, as Garland and I witnessed first hand in 1996 with hurricane Bertha and Fran. We drove from STL to Carolina Beach (Wilmington) NC on I-40 shortly after they blew through. We had a condo in Carolina Beach at that time. As far NW as Winston/Salem we started seeing damage. After getting through Raleigh, the damage started to really ramp up. I think half of the traffic on the highway at that point were power utility trucks and crews arriving from all over the country. We drove through many, many miles of massive tree damage, as you described. It was not to be forgotten.

Walter & Garland - Camp Canine caretakers
Miss Inga (aka "Shorty") - 6 y.o. old GSD.
Gen. Gretchen - Joined Rainbow Div., June 27, 2017 at age 13
Gen. Missy - Joined Rainbow Div., June 11,2006 at age 12
2018 Montana HC305RL 5th wheel
2018 Silverado HD 6.0L

cimac

Dayton, Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/10/19 01:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After having set thru the roaring and damage from Ike in 2008 and the flooding of Harvey last year I would like to never see one again.

We had to make a run to the emergency vet this morning with Princess and send her to the rainbow bridge. She took a quick turn for the worse last night and was in very bad shape this morning. I is very hard but a relief to know she is not in the pain anymore. It took less than 5 days from diagnosis to now. The vet said wednesday it was moving fast but this was quicker than she though as well. There were originally 4 dogs together, Cookie, Bubba, Oreo and Princess and now they are all together again.

2013 Ford F350 PS CrewCab 4wd Dually
2011 Mobile Suites 36' RSSB3

Charles and Charlotte
Pet Crew: Guy 8 and Daisy 7. (All Rescues)
Rainbow Bridge: Bear 10, Raisins 11, Cookie 15, Bubba 11 , Oreo 16, Princess 13

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/10/19 02:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Charles and Charlotte sorry for your loss. It's never easy and takes a long time to get over it.

DOTLDaddy

Camp Canine, STL County, MO.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/10/19 02:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So sad. [emoticon]

dturm

Lake County, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/10/19 03:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very fast indeed. Her relief, your pain so she doesn`t have any. Sorry for your loss.

Scottiemom

South Dakota/Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/19 05:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So very sorry for your loss, Charles and Charlotte.

Dale

Dale Pace
Wife to Terry (Teacher's Pet)
2006 Tiffin Phaeton 40'(Phaeton Place)
2014 Ford Flex
2004 R-Vision Trail-lite 213 (MinnieMee)
Fulltiming since 2005

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/
Where are we?

dogdiva

Crockett Tx

View Profile

Posted: 02/11/19 06:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Charles and Charolette
It will take some time for the hole left in your heart to heal My thoughts are with you

Elizabeth and Henry..... rescues

Crickett, Beau, Lady, Dixie, Batman, Penny, Bonnie Colleen, SouiX C, George, Willie, Pierre, Shandi. Honey, Patches ,Gumby...WAITING at the Rainbow Bridge

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3099  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS