Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3099  
Prev  |  Next
Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/21/19 06:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. I talked with Gay's brother and sister-in-law and was told Hannah and Shadow had been rehomed. Gary's passing is so hard to take. When I talked with him Wednesday evening and Thursday morning he sounded so positive. He had so much he wanted to tell Sue and I he called twice, once Wednesday evening and then Thursday morning. When we gather in Sevierville we will have to do something in remembrance of Gary. What do you think?

Well it was 19 degrees here this morning and our high today will be 42 degrees. I have just about run out of firewood again so I will have to go find more.

Everyone here is doing well. Sue is about to walk out into the artic[emoticon] cold with Dixie and Suzie for their morning walk. I went out to the camper and checked to see if it was okay and it was. The inside temperature was 44 degrees, with the space heaters running. Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/21/19 08:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow, I am so sad to hear about Gary's passing. I was hoping to meet him in Sevierville in October.

Burch

2018 Miramar 35.3
2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500
4 fur kids (Murphy, Monty, Lola and Pinto)

MetalGator

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/21/19 10:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The wife and I spent Saturday morning at the Tampa RV super show. You could spend 3 days there and not see it all. We toured a few million dollar 45' Class As and a few half a million. I was really surprised that I really didn't like them anymore than our 37' gas class A. They had more room and looked fancier inside but not worth the extra money. My wife only wears long dresses and many of these big motorhomes didn't have a full length closet.

We did have a good time looking at all the different RVs. Many people brought their dogs with them. I kind of wish we had taken Monty as he would have had a good time and gotten some much needed exercise. I waited too long to be able to make reservations at the local RV park so we stayed in a comped hotel room right across from the fairgrounds and made a weekend of it. My wife had enough points on her players card to get a free hotel room.

She is really excited as the Patriots are going to the Super Bowl. She is from Boston and used to go to games with her dad when she was a kid. I am happy for her although I really didn't care who won. I rarely watch NFL games as I am a big fan of college football.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Burch

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 01/21/19 10:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It would nice to do something in remembrance of Gary when we get together this fall.

Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2018 Jayco Northpoint 387 RDFS
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/21/19 05:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just learned Gary's funeral was today.

cimac

Dayton, Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/21/19 08:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

I just learned Gary's funeral was today.

I believe that would be the correct custom. Normally within 24 hours of passing.

2013 Ford F350 PS CrewCab 4wd Dually
2011 Mobile Suites 36' RSSB3

Charles and Charlotte
Pet Crew: Guy 8 and Daisy 7. (All Rescues)
Rainbow Bridge: Bear 10, Raisins 11, Cookie 15, Bubba 11 , Oreo 16, Princess 13

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/22/19 06:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. It is so hard to accept the fact Gary is gone. I have pictures of Gary at the different Old fella Rallies down through the years. I will have to sort through them to see what I have got. I especially remember him at the Western Old Fella Rally in Colorado Springs, Colorado. He took us to the Air Force Base for a tour of the base. He also help us get Levi to a vet to take care of his diarrhea. What a gentle and kind soul Gary was.

He called Wednesday night to tell us about his battle with cancer and how he wasn't going to give into it. We talked over an hour and then he called Thursday morning and we talked some more. He wanted to talk with Sue so they talked for a while and then he said good bye.

I think it would be fitting to remember Gary in some way when we gather in Sevierville this coming October. So anyone with any ideas would be welcomed.

It's cold down here in the Deep South. We are in the 20's this morning and now there is talk we will have a wintery mix tomorrow sometime. I have just about run out of fire wood again so I will be scrambling trying to find more.

Sue is walking out the door with Dixie and Suzie going for their morning walk. It's too cold for me to go outside right now, don't like the cold. Okay I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

* This post was edited 01/22/19 12:07pm by Dixie Flyer *

Dashonthedash

PA

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/19 07:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi, this is Patty, Gary's sister-in-law. I'm sorry to tell you that Gary passed on Friday, January 18. He was not in any pain; he passed peacefully in his sleep. His brother and I were by his side. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

Gary Shapiro
Shadow - 7-year-old Greyhound (aka Shadow Ninja)
Hannah - 4-year-old GSD rescue (aka the Canine Tornado)
Max, Dash (GSDs), Willow, Dot, Allan, Lily (Greyhounds), and Molly(GSD Mix), at the Bridge and in my heart forever
2011 G'town 280DS Class A

DOTLDaddy

Camp Canine, STL County, MO.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/22/19 09:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dashonthedash wrote:

Hi, this is Patty, Gary's sister-in-law. I'm sorry to tell you that Gary passed on Friday, January 18. He was not in any pain; he passed peacefully in his sleep. His brother and I were by his side. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

Patty, it is still hard to accept the fact that Gary is gone. It was so sudden and unexpected for most of us here. One thing for certain is that he will live on in spirit forever here on this forum and in our hearts.

Walter & Garland - Camp Canine caretakers
Miss Inga (aka "Shorty") - 6 y.o. old GSD.
Gen. Gretchen - Joined Rainbow Div., June 27, 2017 at age 13
Gen. Missy - Joined Rainbow Div., June 11,2006 at age 12
2018 Montana HC305RL 5th wheel
2018 Silverado HD 6.0L

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/22/19 06:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So sad to hear about Gary. I will miss his posts. Hope Hannah and Shadow's new homes are wonderful.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny and Rudy, cat brothers extraordinaire
Spotacus--Rainbow Bridge

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3099  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS