Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3098  
Prev  |  Next
Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/12/18 06:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. It is 29* here this morning. Skies are clear and it will warm up today to 52*. Most of the snow and ice has melted so this morning there is the black ice to deal with. Listening to the news channel they are reporting wreck in the county from slippery highways.

The fur gang is well this morning. Dixie and Suzie are waiting for Sue to take them for a walk. So glad Sue is able to do this for the girls, its just too cold for me to get out.

Last night we had a cozy fire going in the fireplace while we watched Christmas movies. I really love the fireplace as it brings back a lot of memories before we had central heating and A/C.

Yesterday Sue and I went Christmas shopping and got all the gifts we needed to get for family so we are finished for the season. I hope each and everyone of you has a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them. Merry Christmas.

2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/13/18 06:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. The weather person said we can expect rain and milder weather over the weekend. It's in the upper 30's right now and will be in the med 40's as a high for today. Last night we had a nice fire in the fireplace that heated the entire house nicely. The girls have eaten and now waiting for Sue to take them for a walk. Lizzie is with Sue in the bathroom following her step for step. That kitty loves Sue so much. She is so small weighing in at six pounds and when she tries to talk to you it's hard to hear her as her voice is so soft.

Christmas is not far away and getting closer. We are done with Christmas shopping so we can relax and not be caught up in that last minute rush. I hope all is well with everyone and I wish you a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them. Merry Christmas and have a nice day.

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 12/13/18 12:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

A pickle for Pickles. [emoticon]

Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2018 Jayco Northpoint 387 RDFS
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

dturm

Lake County, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/13/18 03:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dan, that is really cute.

Doug & Sandy
Kaylee (10 year old Terrier of some sort), Sasha 2 yr old Golden
Kaiya at the Rainbow Bridge
2008 Southwind
2009 Honda CRV

Check out blog.rv.net

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/14/18 06:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Toolguy5 wrote:

[image]

Such a sweetheart

cimac

Dayton, Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/14/18 09:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dixie Flyer wrote:

Toolguy5 wrote:

[image]

Such a sweetheart

I don't know. I would not try to take Miss Pickles pickle. [emoticon]

2013 Ford F350 PS CrewCab 4wd Dually
2011 Mobile Suites 36' RSSB3

Charles and Charlotte
Pet Crew: Guy 8 and Daisy 7. (All Rescues)
Rainbow Bridge: Bear 10, Raisins 11, Cookie 15, Bubba 11 , Oreo 16, Princess 13

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/16/18 06:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone and Merry Christmas. This morning I feel somewhat run over and left for dead. My neck has been bothering me for several days now especially when I try to sleep. Last night I took an Ibuprofen to help with the pain. My prostate bothers me at night. I have a tooth bothering me and I had stomach cramps last night. So much for the Golden years. I am not a complainer, never have been, but there is just so much a body can stand.

Last night when it was bed time I told the girls "Let's go to bed." and all three. Dixie, Suzie and Lily went to the bedroom and got into their beds and waited for their treats. Lily wanted me to cover her and tuck her in so I pulled her cover up on her and she fell asleep before I could get up. It's amazing how she adjusts to being with us, it's as if she has been with us all of her life.

Well it's almost Christmas, just a little over a week away. I hope Santa Claus is good to everyone. We watched the movie "Polar Express" last night and enjoyed it as usual. Well I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 12/16/18 08:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dixie Flyer wrote:

Last night when it was bed time I told the girls "Let's go to bed." and all three. Dixie, Suzie and Lily went to the bedroom and got into their beds and waited for their treats.

They know when it is bedtime. Last night Pickles could not understand what was going on. Our son, daughter n law and grandson came over to watch the football game. Cleveland and Denver. She kept staring at me like come on let's go to bed. We were about 1 hour past her bedtime. Soon after the kids left and she went out to do her business she darted upstairs to go to bed.

The Browns won again. For Browns fan this is the most excitement we have had in December in a long time.

Toolguy5

Columbia Station, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 12/17/18 05:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

Looks like we will hit 50* the day before winter. But then they say temps will fall during the day on Friday and rain turning to snow on Staurday. Not much snow though maybe enough to cover ground and a slight possibility to stick around for a White Christmas.

Dixie Flyer

Piedmont, SC 29673

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/17/18 05:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good morning everyone. Dan looks as if you might get at least one day that is not so bad weather wise. Our day time temperatures will be in the mid to high 50's for the next five days, not so bad.

Today I am going with a pastor friend of mine to a funeral in Toccoa, Georgia. It is his uncle and he asked me to go with him to keep him company and perhaps to help drive. It's not that far to drive Dr. Bill isn't in the best of health and didn't want to make the trip by himself.

Lily's folks got home last night, but to late for us to stay up and wait for them so Lily spent the night with us and will go home this morning.

I hope all is well with everyone and your Christmas is going to suit you. I need to get moving so I will close for now wishing everyone a blessed day. Be sure to give the fur babies a hug for me and be sure to tell someone you love them.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3098  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> A very old stray {The Old Fella Story}
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS