Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

B+ motorhomes

Daniel_C_
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a Trail Lite B+ 211s with 8.1 Chevy
engine. This is my fifth motorhome (others range
from an old 20' Vagabond, and three Winnegagos, from 19 to 32'. This vehicle is fantastic. I am
using it as a mobile office (and sneaking in a fun
journey from time to time). It gets about 9.5mpg
and I believe I could pull a bus behind it if I wanted! I paid low $40's which is about what I had expected to pay for a five or six year old Chinook with a nicer interior, but fewer features
(slide). I am delighted thus far.
Dan
2006 Lexington 235S; 6.8L Ford E450,
2005 30RLS Outback Sydney Edition,
2007 Jeep Compass
2009 Mini Cooper S
3,720 REPLIES 3,720

Momafloyd
Explorer
Explorer

I just purchased a 2001 Trail Lite B+ 211.  It's rough but it has great bones so this is my project.  Hope to get it usable for camping in the spring.  It runs fantastic with only 51K miles.  I'll be lurking on this forum for ideas.  

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
bob shelton wrote:
good looking motorhome.

Thanks!
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

bob_shelton
Explorer
Explorer
good looking motorhome.
Bob & Shirley Shelton

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Here is a pix, I hope.

Thanks for the info, Ron. They may be too large. I don't know how to make them smaller.

Dale
Dale Pace

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

ronfisherman
This should help with pictures. Click to go to picture help.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
I got the Gray Ghost home on Friday. She is beautiful inside and out. And I have made new friends in the couple I bought from. They made it quite easy. When they got a text their 5er was on the way, he called me and asked if I could come get her right away. I got a ride up there and drove her home. . . all without paying for her. He said. . . I'll get you the wiring instructions later today when i get some time! He just didn't have room for both and couldn't park her on the street. So it's all done now, money transferred, he's got his plate back, and we signed papers yesterday morning. I'm a happy camper.

Once I figure out how to post pix, I will get some up. I have done it before but I do it so infrequently that I forget how.

Dale
Dale Pace

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats Dale! Coach House is one of the best!
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

:W

Orion_42
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nice find! Coach House is one of my favโ€™s. Congratulations.
----------------------
2001 Trail Lite B+ 211

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Well, I found my dream coach. Put earnest money down and she will soon be sitting under my port. Haven't picked out a name yet. She is silver, so perhaps the Silver Gypsy (a toast to my gray hair and her color) or the Gray/Silver Ghost.

I did not buy the Leisure Travel with the macerator toilet. But I am SOOOOO glad I went to look at it. I had never seen one in person and I would never buy one. First off, up front there is virtually no sitting. There are 2 jump seats which are very blocky and one owner told me they are good to put your feet up on when you turn the front seats around. Also, the inside storage is really weird. They don't make use of available space like other coaches do. And some doors you open up, the space basically extends under the floor level so a lot of stooping. No closets in the bedroom and the storage there is under the bed. You have to lift the bed which is on a ratchet type lift. To lower it you have to raise it all the way up, then down. I tried to do it with the mattress on and I couldn't do that. The lady showing it to be will forever be known as the "queen" OF velcro. She had it everywhere. No ducted A/C (a real deal killer for me) so she fashioned a fabric "scoop" which was velcroed to the A/C to push air out of the bedroom into the front. She mentioned that the bedroom stayed cold and it was always hotter up front. They had removed the bathroom door because they didn't like going past it in the hall to open it up. They had saved it and you could rehang it. They used a curtain. The macerator toilet they knicknamed the angry bear because that's what it sounds like when you flush it. Nice and noisy in the middle of the night when everyone is asleep. Finally the price. She had a price higher than MSRP on this 2 year old coach. I asked about that. She said she went to the web site and priced out a new one equipped like theirs and knocked a couple thousand off. I asked if she looked at NADA and she said, Oh no. Their prices don't reflect that you must wait 2-3 years for a new one to be built. ????? I didn't even ask to drive it. I told her it was a very nice coach, but not for me.

Went back home to my son's as we were leaving on a cruise the next day. Looked at RV TRader and low and behold. . . there was my dream coach maybe 4 miles up the road from me at my house in Polk City. And it was the exact coach I wanted! Priced already reasonably!!!! But here I was 100 miles away at the time. But I contacted them through RV TRader and eventually got to talk with them and begged them not to sell it before I got back and could come look. Long story short, it was love at first site. The ONLY thing it is lacking is a TPMS in the tires. I really wanted that. I don't like the add ons, but who knows. I may learn how to do that. I have signed the purchase agreement. They are currently living in it, remodeling their home they bought but have a new fiver being delivered as soon as they can get their port modified to slide the unit under. I am giving them till December 31. They are very nice people and we are all happy with our deal. They were asking about $1500 under low retail according to NADA and new ones from the factory are $67000 more. No that is not a misprint. It's a 2021 with lots of extras. Solar, 2 lithium batteries, a leveling system (BigFoot) on the Ford Transit. It's a Coach House, which was #1 on my list.

So MinnieMee will get a new home. I don't have plans to offer her for sale yet as my son and his wife are contemplating taking her. They have actually camped in her before and while I think it is really crowded for the three of them, they made it work. And if we camp together, I would take my granddaughter as I have twin beds now! If I end up selling her I shouldn't have trouble. Every time I post a pix of her on FB, people ask me how much.

Yay me! I am really happy and anxious to get her home. Told my son now if they want to visit, call ahead first, cause I may be out camping!

Dale
Dale Pace

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
cheeze1 wrote:
Scottiemom wrote:
Going to look at a coach tomorrow. It has a macerator toilet, not an external pump but toilet. Totally unfamiliar with that. Anyone have any experience with those?
Dale

Dale, I have no experience with them but as a mechano/techie, what I do know is that the macerator grinds up the waste and is pumped out thru a smaller hose than the typical 3โ€ version. Iโ€™ve always perceived it as an upgrade.

https://rvlifestyle.com/rv-macerator-pump/

Yeah, I understand what it does. Terry used the add-on macerator. Helps finding things accidentally dropped in the toilet. Don't ask me how I know that. LOL We had two. . . one I let go with the Phaeton when I sold it and I kept the other one.

But this is the toilet itself. There is a built in macerator in the toilet itself. I just wondered if they are prone to problems, etc.

Dale
Dale Pace

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
Scottiemom wrote:
Going to look at a coach tomorrow. It has a macerator toilet, not an external pump but toilet. Totally unfamiliar with that. Anyone have any experience with those?
Dale

Dale, I have no experience with them but as a mechano/techie, what I do know is that the macerator grinds up the waste and is pumped out thru a smaller hose than the typical 3โ€ version. Iโ€™ve always perceived it as an upgrade.

https://rvlifestyle.com/rv-macerator-pump/
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

:W

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad

Dale
Dale Pace

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
That's impressive, Orion_42. Terry was the electrical genius and could have done all that stuff, but I can't change an outlet. He actually taught our daughter how and she does it all the time, but I never learned. I would really love to have the lights under the awning, now that I've had the fabric updated.

My dream coach is the Leisure Travel as well, or perhaps a Coach House, but until I find one at a reasonable price, I am hanging on to MinnieMee and keeping her in good running order. Right now people that have them for sale are still asking MORE than they paid new for 2-5 year old coaches. Won't be jumping on that bandwagon.

Dale
Dale Pace

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

Orion_42
Explorer II
Explorer II
Keeping her current, nice Scottiemom. Yep, the infrastructure (roads) are def getting worse, but we wonโ€™t go there here.

Iโ€™ve been upgrading my 2001 B211 continuously over the past 10 years and this is the list of the most recent upgrades.

- Garnett Bluetooth tank monitor (accurate local and remote monitoring of fresh, gray, black, LP, and batteries) - no more dead tank gauges

- in dash and over-bunk USB charge ports.

- backup camera/mirror

- added a shower curtain extender to provide more room to shower.

- added external propane tap to run Blackstone grill off main LP tank.

- 8โ€ in-dash Jensen touch screen navigation/radio.

- Dash-mounted TPMS

- replaced all bulbs with LED inside and most outside.

- New skylight over bathroom

- removed white overhead lights over sofa and dinette and replaced with full-length indirect LED light strips on each side.

- added a full length under-awning remote-dimmable LED light strip on side of coach

- replaced roof vent with MaxxAir Deluxe Fan (awesome! BTW, there is a 12V feed available at the overhead light near the vent and a tube-channel to run the wire to the fan already there).

- Converted dinette and sofa to two semi-permanent twin beds with a Lagun table bracket to support a swing-table between them.

- plus many external and internal cosmetic upgrades.

Was going to trade for a Leisure Travel Van, but with all the upgrades I now prefer the no-guilt, no-payments, old gal. Sheโ€™s my retirement hobby to tweak.
----------------------
2001 Trail Lite B+ 211