cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best Way To Sell A Dinghy

JohnnyT
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am not selling a dinghy. The purpose of this thread is to get all the ideas about where to list or advertise and any tips about selling you might have... The assumption is that the dinghy is ready to tow...

Here are three places

escapees

Hitchtrader

RVT (under the category tow behind cars)

JohnnyT Moderator
2004 40DS02 Travel Supreme ISL 400
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Ford F150
M&G Brake & Break Away
Blue Ox Aventa LX Tow bar
48 REPLIES 48

Irish2
Explorer
Explorer
Go to RVT and check under the category, Tow Behind Cars. There are a number of equipped set up vehicles there.
2013 Winnebago 42E
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk

charming
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the link.
Looking forward to new adventures and new friends.

Y-Guy
The hitchtrader link is dead, I'm not aware that has been moved. I see they updated the site but I'm not finding any new links. I'm leaving it be since it might return.

Here is the new link for the Escapees RVs, Tows, and Toads for Sale

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

charming
Explorer
Explorer
This topic was started in 2005 - looks like we will have to do our own research. ๐Ÿ˜ž

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
JohnnyT, neither link is working.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

charming
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a new motor at the end of last year. DH never liked driving the Corolla we bought to use as a dinghy and with the new vehicle we will be able tow a heavier vehicle. We will be getting set up with a new dolly to tow my RAV4 or our Solara (when traveling in warmer weather).

I will be studying this topic for ideas on selling our 2004 Corolla with the Blue Ox Tow Bar and braking system (have to look up the brand).

Thanks for all the tips and suggestions.

whemme
Explorer
Explorer
SOLD!
2002 Born Free 26' RSB Motorcoach
2005 Chevrolet Malibu LS Toad

janree
Explorer
Explorer
Reviving this old thread.

I have 2 dinghy's to sell. All set up and ready to go.
2006 Jeep Liberty, 2003 Honda Insight.
Also have Ready Brute tow bar the sell with either car.

Any help on which are the best places to currently sell?
jwalker
Home is Knoxville, TN
Currently...on the road again...

Our Geocaching Blog, brought to you by RV.NET
Geocacher's Extraordinaire:h

motorhomescarav
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought one rv from here: http://motorhomesandcaravansforsale.com

newmarray
Explorer
Explorer
You can also try "craigslist". It's free and either localized or national coverage.

Craig_J_Driver
Explorer
Explorer
How about a "Dinghy Vehicle For Sale" tab on this forum. We could sure use one.

You might say I tow dinghy vehicles for a living, and WE are always looking to buy olders cars all set up. You have probably seen semi's or trucks going down the road pulling a tow vehicle. That could be me. We deliver the trucks to the customer and use the tow car to get the next truck or to get home.

We do not use new vehicles because we beat them up bad. Typically they last 1-2 years and then they get junked. Mine is a 2000 Elantra, wagon with 390,000 miles. Around 200,000 of those miles has been being towed. All in 3 years. It is still going strong.

Craig

Fifty4F100
Explorer
Explorer
I've found 3 cars (Honda CRV, Jeep Liberty, and a Smart For2) all already set up to tow. The Honda and Jeep were set up for Blue Ox (what I have) and the Smart was set up with something else. All sold while I was making my mind up. I love my PT, but I am tiring of driving a 5 spd every day. Plus the PT isn't a good vehicle. Stuff breaks all the time and it certainly won't set your hair on fire. Right now it has a power steering leak.

I was told by our local base plate installer that being in a great situation at the time to buy a toad that would need no transmission pump as they are subject to problems as well as operator errors. I also didn't want to go with a tow dolly, but more and more I'm seeing the benefit of that direction.
Glenn in TN
2008 Ford F150 King Ranch
2012 Allegro Breeze BR32
2017 Mini Cooper (future toad)

rondeb
Explorer
Explorer
Healeyman wrote:
rondeb wrote:
Sold it the next morning to someone wanting it for a sports car and to tow.

Ron,

Sorry to hear that the Miata is gone.

Glad that it was bought by someone who will keep towing it.

Glad also that you had all the fun that you did while towing it.

Tim

We were a little sad also. What a fun and fantastic tow vehicle. It came down to knee replacement or get another car which we ended up with the Honda CRV. After towing the CRV last winter, we realized we would not use the Mazda again and decided to let someone else enjoy it. l

Thank you for giving us the confidence that you can tow it safely. It is probably one of the easiest toads out there.

The couple that bought it are thrilled. I was also glad that it will continue to be towed down the road also.

Healeyman
Explorer
Explorer
rondeb wrote:
Sold it the next morning to someone wanting it for a sports car and to tow.

Ron,

Sorry to hear that the Miata is gone.

Glad that it was bought by someone who will keep towing it.

Glad also that you had all the fun that you did while towing it.

Tim