DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

How to know when freshwater tank is full?????

I have been RVing since 1979. During this time, I have owned a dozen or more travel trailers and or 5th wheels RVs. Each of these RVs had a gravity freshwater fill port with a vent/overfill drain at a location that was easy to see when the freshwater...

TenOC by Nomad
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

RV backsplash

My wife wants to update/replace the backsplash in the kitchen of our fifth wheel. Has anyone ever done this? Looking for any advice you all might have. I read a couple of blogs but they all seem like they were written by someone who has never actuall...

project

Well, My brother in law ordered the Disc Brake conversion from DEEMAX.. The delivery came today and we were very impressed with the packaging... Jesse is awesome to talk to, he spent many years with Dexter/Kodiak and knows his stuff.The kit came with...

DEEMAXX.jpg DEEMAXX2.JPG DEEMAXX3.JPG

Resolved! Opinions on a camper that's been sitting for 2+ years?

We have a 2019 324BHTS Eagle TT. Used it regularly that year we got it, and then after covid, have only used it a time or 2. My guess is our last trip was likely toward the end of the summer 2021. We decided it's time to get back to camping, and nee...

Resolved! Re-threading Accordion Blinds

I have accordion style window blinds in my 2022 Jayco Jay Flight trailer. The thread broke so I have taken it down to re-thread it. I hope someone here has done this before. This blind has four strings that attach to 2 springs at the top. I see at th...

AC/Heat Pump Leaking

I have trouble with my A/C leaking/dripping water on the floor. This happens whether on A/C or heat pump. . . when the compressor is running. I have a 2021 Coach House with a roof top Dometic vented. On a trip back to the factory, they could not find...

Thor Majestic 23 replacement bumper

Hi everyone:Accidentally backed into a brick wall with my Thor Majestic 23 2012 camper, bent it pretty good in the middle.  Any advice about how I can find a replacement?  Generic is fine, no hitch involved, just the bumper.Thanks!  

Black Waste Tank Bypass

I am stationary in my 5th wheel for a long period of time, and I was tired of dumping my tank all the time. I did not want to get rid of the tank, just in case. So I found the solution. I bought a Bull Run Diverter Valve . This allows me to select w...

Replace Pleated Day/Night shades with Roller Shades?

The pleated day/night shades on my 15 year old trailer are starting to show their age. I'm thinking of replacing them with the Legacy Day/Night Combo Roller Shades by Shade Pro. Has anyone installed these or have suggestions for other similar product...

Resolved! Troubleshoot fridge problem...

I am trying to revive my Dometic Servel RGE400 fridge once again.I just had the cooling unit repaired a second time (under warranty).The repair guy wrote back to me the following:"your unit was plugged. We cut the boiler off, flushed it and recharged...

GuyCanRV by Explorer III
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Hand Hold to Climb into upper bunk

I have seen a picture some place of a strap "hand hold" on the wall of the upper bunk bed  to help the child climb in the the bed. Has any one added some type of hand hold?  Any photo or suggestion would be helpful.

TenOC by Nomad
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes